Different that Overlays that have a 1 : 1 ratio of wear resistant material to mild steel, Domite® can have a proportionally thicker ratio of wear resistant material. Consideration must be given to the criteria of producing a solid cast component resulting in the following guidelines:
- General Thickness Ratio’s of 3:1 Domite® CWI to Mild Steel
- Continuous Elevated Temperatures of 425 C (800 F) and Frigid Temperatures of -50 C(-120 F)
- Thickness Ranges of 3/6” (5 mm) – 4” plus (100 mm plus) for the Domite® CWI
- Mild Steel Backing Plate Thickness of 1/8” (3 mm) – 1” plus (25 mm plus)
- Individual cast sizes of ~ 16” (405 mm) x 16” (405 mm)
- Ability to bond multiple castings onto one solid sheet of mild steel with dimensions ~ 27” (700 mm) x 36”(915 mm).
- Thanks to our unique ability for innovation, Domite® pioneered the development of diffusion bonding multiple CWI castings onto one larger single sheet of mild steel backing plate creating much larger liners than previously thought possible.
Please note that these are guidelines only and combinations can be altered to suit your application.
Non-traditional and irregular shapes (triangles, tapers, cones, parallelograms, etc.) can be produced providing the dimensional limitations for good castability are upheld. In the case of irregular shapes or contoured surfaces, a at back is necessary for initial bonding but can be overcome in nal design. With years of experience simply speak with one of our sales team members for options and solutions. Virtually any surface and application can be covered using proper design and innovative techniques.
To cover large areas and custom fabrication multiple Domite® plates are arranged in a modular fashion and welded or bolted onto the fabricated structure or wall. Please see our Wear Liner Systems for more details.